Matthew J. Griesemer has been employed at Freeman Howard, P.C. since the firm’s inception and became a shareholder in January 2011. Matt concentrates his practice in the areas of civil litigation, commercial and residential real estate, business formation and representation, zoning and land use planning as well as estate planning and estate representation.
Matt regularly represents plaintiffs and defendants in local, State and federal courts throughout New York. Before joining Freeman Howard, P.C., he worked as a law clerk at Connor, Curran & Schram, P.C., the United States Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of New York and the Litigation Bureau of the New York State Attorney General’s Office. While in law school, Matt was a member of the Albany Law Review where he served as Executive Editor for Research and Writing.
Matt is admitted to practice law in the courts of New York State as well as the United States District Courts for the Northern District of New York, Southern District of New York (pending) and the Western District of New York. In addition, he is an active member of the Columbia County Bar Association and New York State Bar Association, where he serves as alternate delegate for Columbia County to the House of Delegates.
- B.A., magna cum laude, Political Science – Binghamton University (2004).
- J.D., cum laude – Albany Law School of Union University (2007).
- Chairman of the Executive Committee, Columbia County Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Columbia County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Secretary and Trustee, Valatie Free Library Board of Trustees
- Member, Propel Columbia (Columbia County Young Professionals)
- Member, Columbia County Association of the City of New York
- Member, Albany Law School Justinian Society
- Lecturer, Business Corporations, Columbia-Hudson Partnership
- Aircraft Deicing Fluid and the Environmental Epidemic it is Causing, 72 J. AIR L. & COM. 727 (2007).
- Directors: Fiduciary Duties, in MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS: CASES AND PROBLEMS ch. 9 (Wendy B. Davis ed. 2007).